By Sharon Brumley
So, you might be interested in being a Volunteer for the AGO Houston 2016 National Convention. Bravo! Feast your eyes on some of the possibilities below.
To list some of the interesting volunteer assignments:
- REGISTRATION DESK: At the Registration Desk in the convention center lobby, Hilton Americas Houston, welcome each new registrant. Register Convention attendees., record their attendance, handout badge, give them their packet.
- WORKSHOP HOSTS: Monitor workshop attendance. Assist presenter as needed.
- EXHIBITS: The Exhibit Hall is where the new, creative ideas are manifest in the booths of the pipe organ-related companies. The volunteer should be at Exhibit Hall entry door and monitor entry admitting only registered exhibitors, convention-goers, and hotel personnel. Volunteer should be friendly, responsible, and assertive.
- HOSPITALITY DESK: Serve at the Hospitality Desk in the convention center Hilton Americas Houston hotel lobby. Give assistance to registrants as needed - directions, schedule information, and other assistance.
- VENUE USHERS: Be usher at some of the most popular Houston concert locations. Must stand and be friendly to people attending.
- VOLUNTEER OFFICE: This volunteer will be assigned to the Volunteer Office to interact with AGO Houston 2016 volunteers as they check-in for duty. Greet volunteers cheerfully, sign them in, hand out vests as needed, help with scheduling questions, and handout drinks.
There will be two orientation sessions offered to “train” all volunteers in the area for which they have selected to serve.
Being involved with the Convention, you will meet many interesting people from Houston as well as visitors from other states and around the world. You will have many opportunities to learn more about the world of organ music. Please sign up for as many volunteer slots as your schedule will allow by going to our online volunteer platform and selecting the times and areas you would like to work. Thanks in advance for your generous participation!